KIAMBA AS SELF RELIANT COMMUNITY WITH STRONG AND DEDICATED LEADERS WHERE PEOPLE ARE PROVIDED WITH BASIC NEEDS AND FACILITIES, INCOME GENERATING ACTIVITIES THAT WOULD LEAD TO SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, MAKING IT AS THE FOOD BASKET OF THE PROVINCE, A LEADING TOURISM, FISHERY CENTER, ENVIROMENTALLY SOUND AND A PEACEFUL TO LIVE IN.
ATTAIN SUSTAINABILITY GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT THROUGH PEOPLE EMPOWERMENT, OPTIMUM UTILIZATION OF LAND AND RESOURCE, DELIVERY OF BASIC SERVICES, PROMOTION OF ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES THAT ARE SUPPORTIVE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF TOURISM AND FISHERY INDUSTRY OF THE MUNICIPALITY AS WELL AS THE PROVINCE, ATTAINED THROUGH PARTICIPATIVE AND PRODUCTIVE CITIZENRY AND ECOLOGICALLY SOUND ENVIRONMENT.
* To attain effective and efficient delivery of basic social services.
* To develop Kiamba as an Agri-industrial and Eco-tourism municipality.
* To pursue sustainable environmental management.
* To have a well-established, sustainable and appropriate infrastructure facilities.
* To be a first class and financially powerful municipality governed by responsible leaders with competent personnel delivering quality services and responsive programs for a highly satisfied people.
Based on the above mentioned vision, objectives were formulated in order to strengthen efforts towards sustainable development of the municipality. The following objectives are anticipated to be achieved over the next ten years with the joint efforts of the GO’s, NGO’s and the private sector:
1. Decrease morbidity and mortality rate
2. Provide adequate, appropriate, well-maintained recreational and social support facilities
3. Provide sufficient and readily available health services and facilities
4. Strengthen networking and referral system
5. Formulate and implement interventions for the vulnerable and other sectors
6. Maintain a high level of peace and security
7. Improve human resource capability
8. Implement housing/resettlement program for the informal settlers
9. Mainstream Gender and Development practices in all sectors
1. Designate, develop and promote an area for agri-industrial activities
2. Formulate and implement agriculture and fishery programs and projects
3. Maximize local resources and existing industries to create livelihood and employment opportunities (OBOPP)
4. Develop, promote and manage potential eco-tourism destinations for local and foreign visitors
5. Establish linkages for research and development for new products and processes
6. Establish a business-friendly environment
7. Encourage and support use of ICT for learning and development and for international trading purposes
1. Enhance forest and forestland management.
2. Implement proper pollution control.
3. Air Pollution Control
4. Water Pollution Control
5. Improve soil fertility.
6. Sustain proper coastal resource management.
7. Preserve mineral resources.
8. Identify, develop and regulate potential parks and wildlife reservation.
1. Ensure sustainable supply of safe drinking water.
2. Construct/maintain barangay and farm-to-market roads and bridges.
3. Improve/rehabilitate irrigation facilities.
4. Improve drainage and construct flood control facilities.
5. Establish pre/post harvest facilities.
6. Improve and operate municipal fish port.
7. Construct and operate boat parking, mooring and dry docking facility.
8. Improve and maintain public administrative support facilities.
9. Construct halal-certified slaughterhouse and rehabilitate existing slaughterhouse.
10. Construct new and improve existing public toilets.
1. Excel in the fiscal management as a municipality in the entire Sarangani Province.
2. Establish a fast and efficient system in transacting business in the local government unit of Kiamba.
3. Improve policies (legislation) in business or investment promotions and eco-tourism.
4. Prepare/equip the human resources and community of Kiamba in responding to the developmental agenda.
5. Institute transparent and responsible governance.
6. Increase and intensify the collection and remittance of revenues/taxes.
7. Strengthen linkages with other LGUs, government agencies, NGOs and Pos.